What to Pack: Utah in the summertime

Monday, August 22, 2016

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12

Last month, I took a week-long road trip through Utah. We stopped at Bryce Canyon National Park, Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, Escalante Petrified Forest State Park, and wrapped up our trip in Zion National Park. Utah is a beautiful state, and the trip was a truly amazing experience. I can't wait to go back, and to visit Utah's three other national parks, too. 

I thought about making a packing guide when I got home because there were quite a few maybe not-so-obvious items I brought along this time (my second time visiting Utah in the summertime) that I didn't have on my last visit, and I really felt significantly more comfortable because of them. The arid desert air, constant sun, and extreme heat can be tough to endure, but these items made my trip (and our daily hikes) much easier.

There's things to cool you off, things to keep you hydrated and moisturized, things to protect you from the sun, and a steal of a waterproof phone case so you can have a camera with you even while hiking The Narrows.

No comments

Post a Comment

La Gatica Vintage. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.